Courage & Abundance
Hi Everyone, Amanda here. I want to share a new practice with you that I’ve been following recently. It’s a practice on abundance.
Abundance is the idea that everything you could possibly want in the world is available at your fingertips. Whatever you can see in your mind, you can hold in your hand. The future you’ve always envisioned for yourself is actually possible, so long as you can believe it (or even if you can’t quite believe it yet,) you can turn it into reality.
While I haven’t followed this train of thought or style of mediation in the past, I can say that I have unconsciously manifested most of my life’s goals over the years by envisioning them to be true (and putting in the work.) For example, I wanted nothing more than to protect animals and even stated to the universe (and to job interviewers) that my dream was to save tigers — a few months later I got a job protecting wildlife and their habitats in South America. In another aspect of my life I desperately wanted to travel the world (and even better to travel for work). I’m sure you can see where this is going — in my previous organization, I was sent off to far-flung corners of the globe to experience the most magnificent nature this planet has to offer.
I don’t believe I was “lucky”. And I certainly don’t believe this was by accident. I believe I put out to the universe exactly what I wanted (whether I realized it at the time or not) and the universe delivered. It’s like the old cliché that the when you want something the universe conspires to make it happen for you. Friends, let me tell you, how true this is.
I’m not implying that we can all just sit back and think wishfully about what we want in our lives, but if you truly know what it is you want to achieve, and visualize what that future could look like — you can put in the hard work and take steps to reach it. If you want to run a marathon — you don’t just say, “I want to run a marathon” and sit back and wait for the day to come. You first have a thought, “I will run a marathon one day” and you kick your butt in to gear to start training. Just by putting out there what you want — stating your goals — and working towards them, you can achieve anything you ever wanted to. I believe in you. 100 percent.
The last few weeks I’ve been following Bob Proctor’s meditation on abundance, (he recommends to listen every day for 30 days.) Each morning, once I open my eyes, before I even get out of bed, I play the 21+ minute recording of Bob Proctor’s wisdom. I feel the flow of energy through my body and visualize my abundant future. At least that’s what I try to do. The truth, however, is that I have a really hard time visualizing my abundant future when listening to a guided meditation. I end up thinking instead about what is abundance for me? What does it look like? What does it feel like? And after the meditation I end up in the same place — wondering, how can I manifest what I can’t yet see in my mind’s eye?
So this morning I undertook a new exercise. I listened to the same mediation as every morning. I felt the energy flowing. And then I sat down with my journal to write out Amanda’s Abundant Future.
I focused my attention on where I’d like to experience the most abundance in my life (both now and in the future). When I truly think about what abundance means for me, here are the areas I see it:
- Love — I am surrounded by loving, supportive, kind, generous souls who I love with all of my heart. I feel supported, protected, and capable. I offer my love and gifts to everyone that is close to me, and let this kindness spill over to everyone I meet.
- Wealth — I have enough financial stability and wealth to support my dreams and be generous with those I care about. I have plenty to give back to my community and organizations that work towards a future I believe in.
- Health & Wellness — I am healthy in body, mind, and spirit. Health and wellbeing is a top priority in my life, which I express through physical activity, mindfulness, and meditation. I have boundless positive energy that I offer to myself and others — and lift up everyone around me with this same, abundant energy. I support everyone around me to feel the same abundance of wellness in their everyday lives.
- In Love — I am in a loving, supportive, and nurturing relationship full of passion and gratitude. I bring out the best in my partner and support them to achieve their dreams. My partner does the same for me. There is an abundance of love, compassion, and self-belief between us.
- Gratitude — I am full of gratitude for every single thing that exists in my life. For the good and the bad. I am grateful to learn, to grow, to love, to be well, to work towards my dreams, and to achieve my idea of success. I am grateful to be surrounded by people who love me, care about me, and who wish the best for me. I am grateful for every new experience and opportunity that comes to my door and I am grateful to be living the life I truly want to live.
Each of us has our own needs for a fulfilling and joyful life. This, I’ve come to realize, is my recipe for living my best life. The first step is recognizing what it is I truly want in order to have a fulfilling life. The second is finding the courage to go for it.
I encourage you all to sit down and reflect on what your abundant future looks like. What elements make up your best life? What do you have enough of today? What do you need more of to reach this abundant state for tomorrow? How can you make this future a reality for yourself?
Do you have the courage to live your best life?